Every Child. One Voice.
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
What does the PTA do at Skaggs?
Many parents think the PTA just raises money and plans parties. As our mission above shows, it is really so much more. Here are just a few examples of what our PTA has done and continues to do for Skaggs students, staff, and parents.
- Host several family events each year at no cost to you – Family Fall Picnic, Newcomer's Breakfast, Trunk or Treat, Color Run, and many more!
- Provide Parent Education Programs.
- Host staff and teacher luncheons during the school year.
- Plan and organize 5th Grade Graduation and the Skaggs Senior Reunion.
- Pay for field trips for all grade levels.
- Host student programs like visits from authors and speakers at assemblies.
- Provide after school clubs like drama, coding, and chess.
- Provide the student planners used in K – 5th grade.
- Provide recess equipment for students to use on the playground after lunch.
- Purchase new books for our library and host our Book Fairs.
Why Join the PTA?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
Donate to Skaggs PTA
Your gift will help strengthen family and community engagement at our school. You can be a powerful voice for all children and an advocate for public education by supporting your PTA.
Let us know if you would like to be a Sponsor.